Branch Updates are a key event in the SELECT calendar, during which Members can meet up with friends, hear the latest association and industry updates and receive guidance to help with everyday issues.
Meetings are usually held twice a year in each Branch area, with an in-depth technical update and Q&A session at the heart of every event. Guest speakers are also invited to discuss topical issues and promote new products, with a light supper provided afterwards.
October 2023 dates are below. Meetings will start at 6pm, with refreshments served:
Tuesday 3 October - Dumfries & Galloway - Dumfries & Galloway College
- Thursday 5 October - Glasgow - Garfield House Hotel
- Tuesday 10 October - Inverness - Laichmoray Hotel
- Thursday 12 October - Edinburgh - Borders College
- Tuesday 17 October - Ayrshire - The Gailes Hotel
- Thursday 19 October - Aberdeen - Tullos Training
- Tuesday 24 October - Tayside - Dundee & Angus College, Kingsway Campus
- Thursday 26 October - Lanarkshire - Motherwell College Campus
Each update will include a technical presentation on a topic to be confirmed, plus a short update on activity by SELECT and a Training Officer from SECTT. Members will also have the opportunity to ask questions.
Get in touch
Branch Updates are a great opportunity to make your voice heard, so Members are invited to submit any questions in advance to [email protected]
For any further information about the Branch Updates, contact your Member Representative or call 0131 445 5577
The PowerPoint presentation on heat and smoke alarms and the new Tolerable Standard from our 2021 Autumn Branch Updates can be downloaded here.
To book a place at your Branch Update, speak to your Member Representative, email [email protected] or call 0131 445 5577.